Janome Memory Craft 14000 Sewing And Embroidery Machine Review, this model can take your embroidery to new levels of creativity and ensure perfection in your projects.
This Janome model has 350 built-in embroidery designs, 11 fonts for monogramming and 2 and 3 letters monogramming functions.
Janome Memory Craft 1400 Sewing And Embroidery Machine Review
The embroidery speed can go up to 1000 stitches per minute on a maximum hoop size of 9.1 inches by 11.8 inches, so you can complete any large project in very little time.
There is a full color LCD touchscreen to work with, and the ability to use the machine in Real Time PC connection to Horizon Link Suite to make embroidering designs seem unlimited.
The Janome 1400 is also for sewist and quilters with the ability to choose from 400 built-in stitches, and it has 13 one-step buttonhole styles.
It has a unique stitch composer program where you have the ability to create and edit stitches from the on board computer.
You will find that free motion quilting is very easy with a variable zigzag option, and an Acufeed Flex technology gives you perfect control for any detailed project.
Also, the Acu Fil software gives quilters the ability to create matched stippling around a quilt top.
The Many Features Of The Janome 14000
- 400 built-in stitches
- 13 one-step buttonhole styles
- Automatic thread tension
- Automatic built-in needle threader
- Snap on Presser feet
- Acui guide automatic cloth guide
- Top loading full rotary hook bobbin
- Automatic presser foot lift
- 7 piece feed dogs
- Free arm for sleeves, pants, etc.
- Drop feed
- Start/stop button
- Speed control slider
- Automatic thread cutter with memory function
- Easy reverse button
- Adjustable knee lift
- Motor for bobbin winding is separate
- Variable zigzag free motion quilting with a width adjustment for satin stitch
- One step needle plate conversion
- Memorized needle up/down
- AcuFeed Flex layered fabric feeding system
- Stitch composer stitch creation program
- Locking stitch button
- Twin needle guard
- Memory capacity of 4 MB of storage
- Extra high presser foot lift
- Maximum stitch width 9 mm
- Maximum stitch length 5 mm
- LCD full color touchscreen 7.7 inch x 4.7 inch
- Foot presser adjustment
- Foot height adjustment
- Sewing application support with on-screen help
- Retractable High Light and accu View Magnifier in three different locations
- Full intensity lighting system with 10 white LED lamps located in 5 locations
- 15 inch embossed stainless steel bed.
- Real time PC connection with Horizon Link Suite
- 350 built-in embroidery designs
- 11 fonts with European characters
- 2 and 3 letters monogramming fictions
- The maximum embroidery size is 9.1 inch x 11.8 inch
- Adjustable hoop positioning
- Accu Fil quilting system in Horizon Link Suit
- Linear motion embroidery system
- Embroidery sewing speed 60 to 100 stitches per minute
- Embroidery format JEF, JEF+, JPX
- Programmable jump thread trimming
- Adjustable speed while embroidering
- Design transfer options: USB, Direct PC connection via Horizon Link Suite
- Editing functions: resize, combine, duplicate, rotary, flip, arc, group, drag and drop, zoom, trace and user color choice.
- Flexible stitch traveling by units of 1,10, and 100
- Automatic enabling cutwork
- Automatic return port thread break
- Thread brand selection: Janome (acrylic and polyester), Gutermann Sulky Rayon 40, Madeira (poly neon 40), Robison-Anton (polyester 40 and rayon 40), mettler (poly sheen) and Jenny Hskins (rayon
- 4 Hoops included
The Janome 14000 comes with 400 built-in stitches and 13 one-step buttonhole styles, so you will have more than enough to do any project.
On your touch screen display window at the bottom press home key, then you have a choice to pick:
- Utility stitches – which can be used for seaming, overcasting, blind hemming, basting, and sheet tuckings.
- Buttonholes And Any Speciality Stitch – Used for buttonholes, darning, tacking fly stitches, and eyelets.
- Decorative and Quilting Stitches – Used for applique stitches, heirloom stitches, quilting stitches, satin stitches, bridge and decorative stitches, long and pictograph stitches, play and created stitches.
- Monogramming – You can program lettering as well as characters and symbol patterns.
- Sewing Application – You can select your stitch for any specific sewing project, and the fabric type from the application in this category.
There are such a variety of stitches on this machine you will have to read the manual to discover them all, and it is easy to change the width or length of your stitches by just pressing a + or – key, and the machine also can save any customized stitches that you wish to use often.
To wind your bobbin just follow the instructions for your thread around the thread guide then to the bobbin.
When the bobbin is fully wound it will stop automatically, and the bobbin stopper returns to its normal position, and also the speed of the winding can be adjusted in the setting mode.
It is top loading rotary hook and by just pressing a release feature the clear plastic cover is easily removed and bobbin inserted with the thread going to the left and following the guides, then you are ready to sew without drawing the bobbin thread up.
Threading the Janome 14000 is basically the same as most sewing machines, by just following the guides down to the automatic needle threader and under the hook then through the slit and up to the thread cutter, then press the needle threader button and you can pull the thread loop out and you’re ready to sew.
Lighting For Your Jenome 14000
This machine comes with 10 white LED lamps that are in 5 locations.
There is an adjustable light above the sewing area, and by pulling the light feature out will automatically turn it on, and also for even a better view there is an optic magnifier that fits into a hole at the bottom of the face plate over the needle area.
Accessories With The Janome 14000
- 1/4 inch seam foot
- Blind hem foot
- Darning foot
- Free motion quilting zigzag foot
- 5 bobbins
- Spool pin
- Seam ripper
- Quilting guide bar
- Spool holder – small and large
- Needle set
- Straight stitch needle plate
- Lint Brush
- Additional spool pin
- Cloth guide
- Stool stand
- Button shank plate
- Touch panel stylus
- Bobbin holder cleaner
- Zig zag foot
- Satin stitch foot
- Zipper foot
- Concealed zipper foot
- Rolled hem foot
- Open toe satin stitch foot
- Free motion quilting closed toe foot
- Free motion quilting open toe foot
- Button sewing foot
- Duel feed quilt piecing foot
- Duel feed zipper foot
- Embroidery foot
- Couching foot PC / and PC2
- Automatic buttonhole foot
- Dual feed foot – twin and single
- Stabilizer plate
- Duel feed holder, twin and single
- Yarn guide bar
- Yarn guide
- 4 embroidery hoops
- Bobbin thread for embroidery
- Special bobbin holder for embroidery
- Magnetic clamps
- Foot control
- Knee lifter
- Power cable
- Optic magnifier
- USB cable
- Instruction book and instruction video DVD
- Key Icon reference chart
- Accu tools CD-ROM with install guide
- Extension table
The warranty for the Janome 14000 is 25 years against any defective materials or workmanship, and 5 years on the electrics, and 1 year labor from the date of purchase.
- 25.6 inches long
- 12.6 inches high and 10.2 inches deep
- 34.6 pounds in weight
- 11 inch by 4.7 inch work space
- 5 mm maximum stitch length
- 9 mm maximum stitch width
- 9.1 inch by 11.8 inch embroidery size
- 1000 stitches per minute for embroidering
- 7.7 inch by 4.7 inch touchscreen
On the front of the machine below the needle area is a drawer to store some of the accessories.
This piece will also pull off giving access to the free arm for sewing sleeves, cuffs, or pants.
The embroidery module at the back can also be removed, but not necessary to access the free arm.
There is also an extension table that can be added for a larger work area.
On the Janome 14000 the embroidery unit is attached by sliding it into place on the back of the sewing machine until it clicks into place.
Your embroidery hoops are attached to it, and the embroidery arm is moved out by pushing the release lever on the end of the unit.
To load your embroidery hoop just remove the center insert, and loosen the hoop with the screw on it, then lay your material over the hoop and put your insert back it making sure the fabric is tight with no wrinkles then tighten the screw on the hoop to hold things in place.
Then you press the embroidery button on the screen, when the machine is on then click on and embroidery arm will move and menu appears on the touch screen, then slide your hoop into place locking it into the back unit.
The designs are displayed and just pick which over one you want to use from the 350 built-in designs, and the screen also shows you which hoop size to chose.
Different thread colors can be used also just thread the color you like and your design can also be moved around on the screen to where you want it on your material.
Once threaded just hit the start button and you’re ready to go, and you can adjust the speed with the lever on the front when sewing.
Once your embroidery is done, press home button and the OK, then remove your hoop, take it apart and admire your new embroidery design.
Pros And Cons For The Janome 14000
- High quality top of the line machine
- Does everything in sewing, quilting and embroidery
- No negative reviews
- Does not have wireless ability to connect with the internet
All the buttons and controls are on the front of the machine handily located just above the sewing area from your start button, thread cutting, speed lever, needle threader button, presser foot lifter button, needle up/down button, auto-lock button, reverse button and bobbin winding button.
All of the presser feet are the easy snap-on type for this machine
Closing the Janome Memory Craft 14000 Sewing and Embroidery Machine Review
This is one of the best sewing machine you can find if you want to take your sewing, quilting and embroidering to new levels.
This machine has everything and is built to last, and about the only drawback is the price, but if you’re shopping for the best, then you might want to take a look at this sewing machine, or give it a test run.
Wishing you all the best on your sewing projects.
Do you want to take a look to another Sewing And Embroidery Machine? Take a look to the Brother SE600 Sewing And Embroidery Machine