Are you looking to start sewing? Then you might be looking for the Best Inexpensive Sewing Machine to give it a try! Congratulations, you are about to start joining the club of people who love to sew and to make quilts!
When you’re about to start sewing because you might have looked at someone in your family or maybe a friend sewing different projects and you love the results they get!
Sewing your own clothing or making your own home decor is not hard when you love to sew, I remember when I first started and my mother showed me how to work on her sewing machine, yes it was that little nice good-looking Singer lightweight, the first portable model, with just straight stitching, but it was a great and a well-designed model that helped me to start sewing with it.
Today, you can find a wide variety of sewing machines in the market, many are for beginners and you might want to get the help to find one that is not too expensive so you can give it a try and on which you can learn the basics of sewing.
On this post I will share some tips on what to look at on an affordable sewing machine that will last for many years in the sewing room, and to help you to work on many different projects without the need to break the bank.
The Best Inexpensive Sewing Machine
A Few Reasons Why You’re Looking For Decent Price Sewing Machine
You might be looking for the best model you can get for yourself as you get interested to start sewing or to upgrade the current model in your sewing room. But there are also a few good reasons why you might be looking to buy a new machine:
- Your kid is getting interested in sewing – As your kid has been seeing you working on your sewing machine, he/she got interested to start making their own clothing and it has come the day he/she asked you if they could use your sewing machine, I agree with you that it’s better to get a good full feature sewing machine for a beginner for your child to learn the basic of sewing.
- You want to give it as a gift to a friend who got interested on learning to sew from you.
- You want to get a good model with the features you need to bring it to your sewing or quilting classes and retreats.
- You love your current sewing machine but you want to get a back up model just in case.
- You might be a beginner and you want to learn to sew without the need to put a lot of money on a machine before you know if you will sew much later.
What Is The Best Sewing Machine For The Money?
As new to sewing you might see as a big challenge to find a good model that comes with enough features to help you to work with ease on different projects without the need to break the bank.
As a sewer with some experience and I will advise you to look for a well-designed model with enough features to help you to work on a few different sewing and quilting projects without the need to upgrade the model after a few months that you started to sew.
What Features And Specifications A Sewing Machine Must Have?
Look for a sewing machine with features for:
- Straight sewing – to work on basic sewing techniques
- Built-in stitches – From zigzag stitch, hem stitch, buttonholes and a few more different stitches from utility and decorative that will help you on almost any project you have in your mind to work on.
- Free Arm – To help you to sew on difficult areas to sew like pant legs, sleeves and cuffs.
- Free Motion Quilting – Look for a model with a drop feed dog system so you can work on free embroidery and free motion quilting.
- Enough Presser Feet – It should come with enough presser feet to work on a variety of projects without the need to buy an extra presser feet.
- Lightweight and good size to be portable and easy to carry around the house
How Much Is A Decent Sewing Machine?
You can find well-designed sewing machines to work well and last long for an affordable price from the most well know brands as Brother, Singer and Janome.
You won’t have any problem to find mechanical sewing machines at an affordable low price to pay under $200 dollars, and with enough features to help you to work on basic sewing projects.
If you have a budget from $200 to let’s say under 400 US dollars, you can get a good computerized model with more features that will help you to work on a wide variety of sewing projects without the need to upgrade in a few years.
What Is An Affordable Sewing Machine To Bring Into The Sewing Room?
If I had to pick one affordable sewing machine in the range around $ 200 with enough features to work on different sewing and quilting projects, I would pick the Brother CS6000i
- Good price
- Enough features
- Designed and built with quality to last for a few years in the sewing room
- Beginners friendly but good for more experienced sewers
- It comes with 25-year warranty and free phone and online support
- Lightweight to carry it to sewing classes and retreats
- Easy to set up
When you decide to start sewing doesn’t mean you need to break the bank to get a good sewing machine with enough features that will help you to learn the basic of sewing, and that will be good enough to last for many years in the sewing room helping you to work on many different projects.
I find the Brother CS6000i sewing machine a good model for beginners or advanced sewers who are looking for a good machine with enough features that is affordable.
Take a look at it and give it a try – Happy Sewing!