Easy To Sew Tissue Holder, the perfect sewing project for any beginner and advanced sewists!
As a beginner, you might want to start sewing an easy project, you won’t have any problem making the tissue holder, it only requires to work on the sewing machine twice, and this project is perfect for any beginner sewist, you’ll love to make it and you might want to make a few more!
Materials to make the tissue holder
2 pieces of cotton fabric of 7 1/4 x 7 1/4″
Sewing machine, needle, thread, pins.
Step by step tutorial to make an easy to sew tissue holder.
1. Cut the two pieces of fabric. Put the two pieces of fabric right side together, pinch a few pins all the way around.
2. Sew the two pieces of fabric together (1/4″ seam allowance) all around the four sides, don’t forget to leave open 2″ on one side to turn it out.
3. This is how the sewing project looks like.
4. Take your scissors and trip the 4 corners diagonally. Now you can turn it inside out, flat the sides and press.
5. Take it back to the sewing machine and do a top stitch all the way around.
6. Fol it in half like it’s shown on the photo below, with a ruler or a measuring tape, measure two inches from the corner (you can see I have a pin on both sides to mark the two inch mark.
You need to sew on both marks to secure both points, you can do it on your sewing machine or by hand. (I did it by hand)
7. Open it right on the middle and flat the two points, press flat with your iron.
8. Sew the one button on the back on each point. Once you finish putting the buttons on both corners.
9. Now you can put the tissues package in and lift each corner and put the button through the side, you can fix a little bit
So easy and fun to sew, it will only take 10 minutes to make it and voila it’s done!
I’m sure you’ll love to make it and you might want to make a few more to get them ready for the Holidays or for an event you need to give a small present!
I’m happy you followed the tutorial and I’m sure you’ll enjoy making it!
If you have any question, leave it in a comment, I’ll reply to you shortly!
You can find more sewing tutorials to make: Reversible Drawstring Bag
Enjoyed this post and you’re making it? Share this tutorial on your Social Media!